You’ll never guess what made me do this one. I wont tell you, but it was a good movie !
I started to model and UV in 3DSMax. Then went on to Substance Painter for the texturing, it was my first time and I had such a blast discovering all these different ways to make something look worn off. I animated (badly I know I’m sorry) and rendered it in Houdini/mantra. I used wedges to get a different look to each flame that was going out of the thrusters. Finally used particles to make the dust.
Here’s the breakdown of the sequence where you can see every pass.
And here is the whole – not interrupted – sequence.
Background footage : http://mitchmartinez.com/